Friday, June 4, 2010

What about the ones that say no?

This week at training we talked a lot about sharing our story and praying for the lost and that their hearts would be softened. But in the middle of my prayer time, I stopped and thought to myself "what about the ones that say no?" I really don't know where I'm going with this entry. I have yet to receive an amazing revelation on the subject. But I just started thinking about it. Do we keep pursuing them in their denial? How can we relate to them better? What do we do to keep working in their lives? I never really thought about this matter before yesterday. Of course I have prayed to be burdened for the lost and have asked the Lord to give me opportunities to share, but I began to realize that I pray for one-time opportunities. I need to start asking the Lord to bring me into relationships where I can get to know the people I am trying to share with. Sure, I am totally on board with sharing my faith with people I will only see once. But is that as deep as we're supposed to go? I think not. Jesus came to seek and save the lost. Why aren't we seeking those in need of a Savior? Why do we just say "ok thanks for your time" to the ones that say no? I'm not going to shove my faith down someone's throat and force them into conversion. That's not what making disciples is about. But I will commit to pray for those who reject Christ and to build a relationship with those people to hopefully win them to the Lord.

This is something that's just been on my mind in the past 24 hours. Maybe you can gain some insight or provide some encouragement in the matter as well.

2 comments:

  1. As my friend becca says (she quotes from someone else) "We choose hell, and God chooses us".

    Sometimes it goes back to a tree module.. I mean, lets be real, most people can't make a life or death decision (choosing christ) on the spot. It SHOULD be something thought through - it IS our life in eternity, right?

    I think its okay for people not to be interested. I know that makes me sound like a horrible person/christian... but in reality, God chooses us individually. I chose hell, but by the grace of God, he chose heaven for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true brother....by God's grace i have joined an evangelism training here at FBC and we have learnt so many ways to share your faith to the lost. I pray that God help us all to be able to reach out to those who say no as well. God bless u brother

    ReplyDelete