Sunday, June 20, 2010

BFAM

Two of my best friends and closest brothers are probably as far away from me as one can get. I met them during my time in South Asia. They are there studying abroad because one is from Ghana and the other is from Nigeria. Both are strong followers of Christ and see this opportunity away from home as a great chance to further the Kingdom. Neither were sent by a denomination or had a commencement service before they left. Those aren't bad things, but they aren't die-hard requirements to go to other countries and take the good news. For them, it's not two different things to live life and then live for Christ. It's all tied together. I feel that so many of us separate these areas. They truly live missionally and I'm so thankful the Lord let our paths cross for four brief months. I can always count on them for prayer and encouragement and to just see how they live their lives for the Lord really lifts me up! It really is hard to be half the world apart from them but we chat on facebook, text, and even skype sometimes so that helps a bit. I'm looking forward to the day that we get to hang out again and talk about how sweeeeeet Manchester United is. I miss them every day. Here's to you, Michael and Nathaniel!

1 comment:

  1. Wow mbfam,,,am so glad i met here in Malaysia, u are the best. God bless u so much for being so kind and nice to us and everyone.

    ReplyDelete