Friday, May 28, 2010

Humble pie with fat-free meringue

Today I woke up bright and early at 7:15am after being awake til nearly 2:00am. I hate my internal clock sometimes. But it gave me a great opportunity to hit the pavement and get my daily mile in. I hope to regularly do this to maintain discipline in exercising and to let that discipline bleed over into the rest of my life.

But anyway, that's not what this post is about.

After I got done I had the overwhelming urge to pray. So I went in to each room in the house and lifted up that person. Steve O, Nadeine, Lauren, the house parents, Krystyna and myself. It was such a humbling, yet necessary, experience. If I want to be an affective leader this summer, I need to start it on my knees in prayer for those who I shall guide and direct. And as I prayed I felt the Lord laying things on my heart that needed to be lifted up on behalf of each person. It was one of the most incredibly humble feelings I have ever experienced. I think that will be par of my morning routine now, to pray for each person by walking to their door and voicing a prayer for them.

God is so good and has already taught me so many things in the few days I have been here. This is so much more than a job. The interactions I will have with believers and non believers will prove to be challenging and exciting. I am about to hit the resorts with our list of groups for them. One is owned by a Christian family and I don't think the other is. People are my passion and I pray that in the short time I have with the management today that the Lord will use me.

Thanks for reading and praying

JChambers

No comments:

Post a Comment