Monday, May 31, 2010

100 Plus is my DRANK

Today is gonna be busy fun. So many things to sort for the mission teams! Each group needs t-shirts, lanyards, name tags, and a devotion booklet so that means I play on facebook while the missionaries work. Not really. I will probably be doing most of it cuz the girls are still asleep. booooo

Tonight we'll go out on the town with the Boss and crank that Red Lobster. We always go out to eat on the first night, and I got to pick where we're going cuz, well..not gonna lie.., Nadeine spoils me haha. Then tomorrow it's off to Hannibal for training til Thursday! whooo for 5 hour drives...

Last night was a lot of fun because we were all finally here together! I decided to have a share time where each missionary could just kinda express their feelings about the summer and what they hope to get out of it. I love hearing what's on their hearts and how they want to see the Lord move and work over the next 10 weeks, and even beyond that in their every day life. Something I stressed last night is that this 10 weeks doesn't make you special. It's not a sudden escape to Godliness. This is how we should live every single day that the Lord gives us breath. Being up here leading mission teams is just a way to incorporate our faith into our job, which happens to be a part of every day life. I hope these students will learn to be bold with that. When people ask them if they're vacationing in Branson I want their first thoughts to be "how can I redirect this into a spiritual conversation?" That should always be our focus. Yeah, it's uncomfortable. But who cares?! Would you rather be comfortable and not sew the seeds of Grace and truth? I want them to be stretched this summer to new heights and to a greater understanding of their identity in Christ.

This world is where we breathe, never let it be called home.

Jo_than

No comments:

Post a Comment