Sunday, August 8, 2010

It has come and gone

I can't believe summer is already over. It's always so hard for me to leave Branson year in and year out. I might even admit that I cried a little when I pulled out of the mission house parking lot. I stayed home from church today cuz I told my mom I wanted to rest, but I really just wanted to spend some time alone and process my thoughts. (i.e. time for a blog).

So many good things happened this summer. Kids camp went well, Super Summer was amazing, and our groups (for the most part) did a tremendous job and came prepared for anything! My co-workers were great. We had an incredible time and all really got along most of the summer. Nadeine is probably the best boss ever and her investment in our lives can't be replaced by anything. The insight she gives and the leadership she provides is so encouraging and enriching. I have surely been blessed to have had a job up there for the past four years.

The good didn't come without challenges as well. As I have mentioned in a previous entry, there was a group that came in who was totally unorganized and the week felt like a train wreck. But our God is THE God in good times and bad, and His had was on every week of ministry.

So many things to think about and pray through after the summer as well. One group wants me to pursue a writing career in Christian literature based on my work in our devotion book. I laughed at it, but the more I think about it, the more appealing it sounds. I do like to write. And I like to help others through that. So it's something that I really have become interested in, and I am seriously praying about pursuing that. This group can also get me a hook-up at Lifeway, apparently haha. We'll see what happens.
Alsoooooo, I have taken an interest in a certain girl and we had a couple good talks this week, so this is something else for me to pray about. No name naming on here. Don't want to scare her off haha. But we're talking and praying about things, so whatever happens happens and hopefully at the end of it all we'll still be friends. Cuz I think she's pretty cool :-)

But enough of that.

Overall, the summer was great and now I gotta get myself ready for school. I'm still trying to get the balance paid off but I'm confident that that will happen. But above all, I just keep reminding myself this:

when my plans fail, HIS always prevail

1 comment:

  1. So...if your plans fail but HIS prevail...you never lose. Sounds like you are in denial man.

    ReplyDelete